The business website is your company’s single most important digital asset. It is a virtual front desk for customers and prospective customers to feel good about doing business with you. It is your sales team – approximately 80% of shoppers will look up a company online before deciding to do business with them. You want their experience to be a good one!
- Did they find what they’re looking for?
- Did they make an emotional connection with your company? And, ultimately…
- Did they contact you through your website?
A professional website design appeals to both humans and search engines; it must provide valuable information for those doing research on a desktop, but layered – so as not to wear out a mobile user viewing it on a phone. And, of course, a modern-looking website that is graphically appealing is going to convert better than one that is outdated.
When we think of web design, it is primarily about the creation and organization and delivery of content. In an age where mobile devices are surpassing desktop usage, the delivery and organization of content is more important than ever. Making a website pretty is the easy part!
Our website development projects start with:
- Discovery - interview with prospective clients to see if Local Net Results a good fit for their company/industry
- Proposal - a digital proposal provided within 48 hours outlining scope of work, timeline and terms
- Roundtable #1 - the first content development meeting with client to hammer out a branded message and prioritize website content
- Layout - provide schematic of homepage concept, navigation layout, and page content menu
- Roundtable #2 - the second content development meeting to expand knowledge base of clients main services for the purpose of article copywriting
- Copywriting - We provide all article content for the website development project. Rough drafts are uploaded to shared project folder in Dropbox for client review
- Client Review/Edits - client is responsible to review and edit articles within a set period of time
- Roundtable #3 - a third meeting if necessary to find tune the text and design layout
Stage One can take as little as 3 weeks to complete.
Now we are able to begin building your website! This is where many website developers start – but as you can see, there is a lot of preparation that has to happen before we begin programming – an overwhelming amount of work to ask the business owner to do on their own. At Local Net Results, it has been our experience that waiting for the client to send us article content means the project will be delayed a lot longer than it should.
Once we have an approved layout and all of the text written, Stage Two should take roughly 3-4 weeks:
- Image Sourcing - purchasing licensed stock photography and graphics for page design
- Site Coding - all of our website themes are custom-coded ensuring a minimal page bloat
- On Page SEO - optimization of article text and images within the website
- Client Review - client approval when theme buildout is approximately 80% complete
- Client Approval - finishing touches, testing of features and functions, client signoff
- Website Launch - transfer of website to company domain name, page forwarding to ensure that no old web pages are found online
We know that website development projects can be a huge undertaking but it doesn’t have to be painful. That’s why we do all the heavy lifting! Will help you think about the best way to market your company, lay out the site, and write the content.